Firestore Bundle Builder
Made by Firebase
Caches publicly available documents in Cloud Firestore data bundles that are served from either Firebase Hosting CDN or from Firebase storage
- Works with
- Cloud Firestore and Cloud Storage
How this extension works
Firestore data bundles can make certain types of Firestore applications much faster and/or less expensive. Data bundles are serialized groups of documents – either individual documents, or a number of documents that you’ve retrieved using a specific query.
Bundles are useful when you want to cache publicly available documents that are read by all users of your app. Some common use cases include:
- Public data visualizations (e.g. public poll results or disaster updates)
- E-commerce catalogs
This extension simplifies the process of adding Cloud Firestore data bundles to your application. Once this extension is configured, you can generate bundles on demand via HTTP requests.
The extension serves these data bundles from either Firebase Hosting CDN (preferred) or from Firebase storage. You can load these bundles from your app and interact with the bundle data just like other data loaded from Firestore.
With bundles, you avoid making extra calls against the Firestore database. If your application has a substantial number of users, this can lead to cost savings and improved querying speeds.
Learn more about how this extension works and how to integrate it into your application by reading the official Firebase documentation for this extension.
Before installing this extension, you’ll need to set up these services in your Firebase project:
To install an extension, your project must be on the Blaze (pay as you go) plan
- You will be charged a small amount (typically around $0.01/month) for the Firebase resources required by this extension (even if it is not used).
- This extension uses other Firebase and Google Cloud Platform services, which have associated charges if you exceed the service’s no-cost tier:
- Cloud Firestore
- Cloud Functions (Node.js 10+ runtime. See FAQs)
- Cloud Storage