Geocode Address in BigQuery
Made by Google Maps Platform
Enables running geocoding functions directly in BigQuery queries using Geocoding API by Google Maps Platform.
How this extension works
Use this extension to:
- Retrieve the latitude and longitude for address stored in a BigQuery table.
- Estimate the best driving time between two address stored in a BigQuery table.
This extension deploys two BigQuery Remote Functions to your BigQuery instance that can be used directly in your BigQuery queries.
Retrieve latitude and longitude for an address
Given an address, this function returns the latitude and longitude as a JSON string.
Estimate the best driving time between two addresses
Given an origin and destination address, this functions returns the driving time in seconds as a JSON string.
drivingTime(origin: STRING, destination: STRING)
Before installing this extension, you need to do the following in your project:
- Upgrade to the Blaze pricing plan. Blaze plan is required to install any extension.
- Set up a new BigQuery instance or use an existing one.
- Create a BigQuery dataset with address data or use an existing one.
- Enable the Geocoding API.
- Enable the Distance Matrix API.
- Obtain a Google Maps API key. You must provide this API key during installation.
To install an extension, your project must be on the Blaze (pay as you go) plan.
You will be charged a small amount (typically around $0.01/month) for the Firebase resources required by this extension (even if it is not used).
This extension uses the following Firebase and Google Cloud services which may have associated charges if you exceed the service’s no-cost tier: