How this extension works
This extension makes it easy to add notices to your application that your users can acknowledge. The extension helps with:
- Storing/retrieving notices with versioning built in
- Marking notices with an acknowledgment type (including notice ID/version/timestamp recorded)
- Retrieving a historical log of which users have acknowledged which notices
- Collecting custom acknowledgment metadata (such as additional user preferences) for a notice
- Allowing notices to be only acknowledged by a select group of users
You can view the source code.
Before installing this extension, make sure that you’ve set up a Cloud Firestore database in your Firebase project.
Also, make sure that you’ve set up Firebase Authentication to manage your users. All acknowledgment records in Firestore created by this extension are associated with a Firebase Auth UID.
See the Getting Started page for detailed documentation on creating notices, and how to retrieve them and track acknowledgments from your app. An API reference is available providing detailed information on the available interfaces and configuration this extension offers.
To install an extension, your project must be on the Blaze (pay as you go) plan
- You will be charged a small amount (typically around $0.01/month) for the Firebase resources required by this extension (even if it is not used).
- This extension uses other Firebase and Google Cloud Platform services, which have associated charges if you exceed the service’s no-cost tier:
- Cloud Firestore
- Cloud Functions (Node.js 10+ runtime. See FAQs)