How this extension works
Use this extension to sync data from your Firestore collection to Typesense, to be able to
do full-text fuzzy search on your Firestore data.
This extension listens to your specified Firestore collection and syncs Firestore documents to Typesense
on creation, updates and deletes. It also provides a function to help you backfill data.
Before installing this extension, make sure that you have:
- Set up a Cloud Firestore database in your Firebase project.
- Setup a Typesense cluster
(on Typesense Cloud or a Self-Hosted server).
- Setup a Typesense Collection either through the Typesense Cloud dashboard or
through the API.
This extension will sync changes that happen after you’ve installed the extension. You’ll be able to run a function
to backfill existing data in your Firestore collection. Detailed information for running this backfill function
will be provided after you install this extension.
To install an extension, your project must be on the Blaze (pay as you go) plan
- You will be charged a small amount (typically around $0.01/month) for the Firebase resources required by this extension (even if it is not used).
- This extension uses other Firebase and Google Cloud Platform services, which have associated charges if you exceed the service’s free tier:
- Cloud Firestore
- Cloud Functions (Node.js 14+ runtime. See FAQs)
- Usage of this extension also requires you to have a running Typesense cluster either on Typesense Cloud or some
self-hosted server. You are responsible for any associated costs with these services.