How this extension works
Use this extension to dynamically generate fully customizable social media images for your website.
When triggered by an HTTP request, this extension:
- Finds the target template in the provided Firestore collection
- Processes the template with the provided query parameters
- Generates an image from the processed template
- Returns the generated image as a response
Before installing this extension, make sure that you’ve set up a Cloud Firestore database in your Firebase project.
This extension uses other Firebase or Google Cloud Platform services which may have associated charges:
- Cloud Functions (Node.js 10+ runtime. See FAQs)
When you use Firebase Extensions, you’re only charged for the underlying resources that you use. A paid-tier billing plan is only required if the extension uses a service that requires a paid-tier plan, for example calling to a Google Cloud Platform API or making outbound network requests to non-Google services. All Firebase services offer a free tier of usage. Learn more about Firebase billing.