Label Videos with Cloud Video AI
Made by Google Cloud
Extracts labels from videos and saves to Cloud Storage using Cloud Video Intelligence API.
- Works with
- Cloud Storage
- 0.1.1 | Source code
- Google Cloud
How this extension works
How This Extension Works
This extension extracts labels from media files stored in Cloud Storage and writes them as JSON files back to Cloud Storage. Supported media formats are listed here.
On installation, you will be asked to provide an input and output Storage path. This extension triggers a Cloud Function whenever a new video file is uploaded to the specified bucket. The Cloud Function calls the Video Intelligence API to extract labels and writes the output as a JSON file in the output Storage path. The output filename will match the input filename (with file extensions changed).
Extracting labels from videos can help with:
- Content moderation for user-generated video platforms
- Video search and recommendations based on detected objects or activities
- Surveillance and security applications for detecting anomalies
- Retail analytics, such as customer behavior analysis and product placement optimization
- Assisting visually impaired users by providing descriptions of video content
Ensure you have a Cloud Storage bucket set up in your Firebase project.
This extension uses other Firebase or Google Cloud Platform services which may have associated charges:
- Video Intelligence API
- Cloud Storage
- Cloud Functions (Node.js 14+ runtime. See FAQs)* Cloud Vision API
When you use Firebase Extensions, you’re only charged for the underlying resources that you use. A paid-tier (Blaze) billing plan is required because the extension uses Cloud Vision API.